JW Cole & Sons Agent will help prepare you for shipping electronics by coming to your home and surveying the items you wish to move. He or she will point out anything that may require special attention, such as:
Steps for Being Prepared Before Your Electronics are Shipped
- Back up all software.
- Draw a simple diagram, take a photo, or tape color codes on wires to make reconnecting them much easier.
- Disconnect all wiring and cables.
- Wrap wires around themselves so they don’t get tangled.
- Keep components together, in clearly-labeled boxes.
- Pack wires and cables with their corresponding electronic units.
- Pack small accessories, such as remote controls, with each component. Or place them in a designated “Parts Box.” Note the box on the inventory list so small parts are not misplaced.
- Submit a list of your electronic components and computer equipment (with serial numbers) to your homeowner’s insurance company.
- Our agents cannot take down TV antennas or satellite dishes. If you wish, we can arrange for a professional to take care of it.
Tips for Setting Up Electronics Setup after Unpacking
J.W. Cole & Sons of Florida movers can arrange for a certified professional to visit your house for electronics that our movers can’t prepare like satellite dishes.
Southwest Florida's Most Trusted Moving and Storage Company
J. W. Cole & Sons has upheld an outstanding reputation throughout Fort Myers and the surrounding areas since 1986. We ensure smooth moving experiences, speed and quality.
Storage for all your belongings and containers